Did you ever try a Greek Parsley Dip? When we are on the island of Syros during the Greek summer courses, one of the things the Omilo team and students love, are the tavern meals, next to the sea. On Syros island there are some unique dishes worth discovering. Today we would like to share a recipe with you ; a dip based on parsley.
Parsley salad is a kind of dip that tastes great with a glass of ouzo or wine or is just served as an appetizer.
It is very easy to make as well. Enjoy!
- 2 cups finely chopped parsley (not too many stems)
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped (or 2 if you prefer it stronger)
- 2 tsp caper
- 2 cups soaked stale bread
- ½ or 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- juice of one lemon
- 2-3 tbsp vinegar
- salt and pepper, as much as you like
- Blend the parsley, onion, garlic and caper in a food processor until you get a smooth paste.
- Add the bread and blend to combine. Slowly add the olive oil, the lemon juice alternating with the vinegar, mix well after adding every ingredient.
- Continue to mix until you have a smooth paste. Add salt and pepper.
Serve with (grilled) bread.
Καλή όρεξη! Enjoy your dip!
Apart from cooking, you could also to listen to a Greek podcast at the same time!
Listen to Podcast episode 13 ; Η Sophie περνάει τέλεια στη λαϊκή αγορά! Sophie has a great time at the weekly market!
In this episode, Eva reads for you the story about Sophie, who lives in Athens and likes cooking. She goes every week for her groceries to the weekly market…