When we are on the island of Syros for the Greek summer courses, one of the things the Omilo team and students love, are the tavern meals. The taverns on Syros island offer lots of wonderful dishes worth discovering. Today we would like to share a recipe with you of a typical starter from Syros island.
Parsley salad is a kind of dip that tastes great with a glass of ouzo or wine or is just served as an appetizer. Enjoy!
- 2 cups finely chopped parsley (not too many stems)
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped (or 2 if you prefer it stronger)
- 2 tsp caper
- 2 cups soaked stale bread
- ½ or 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- juice of one lemon
- 2-3 tbsp vinegar
- salt and pepper, as much as you like
- Blend the parsley, onion, garlic and caper in a food processor until you get a smooth paste.
- Add the bread and blend to combine. Slowly add the olive oil, the lemon juice alternating with the vinegar, mix well after adding every ingredient.
- Continue to mix until you have a smooth paste. Add salt and pepper.
Serve with grilled bread as a dip. Καλή όρεξη!
Apart from cooking, maybe you would you like to learn more about Greece while listening to Audio texts?
Then you are welcome to download our free eBook, and improve your listening and reading skills.