Learn Greek With Greek Songs – Rebetiko Music
Greece’s most traditional and distinctive music style is the “rebetiko”, also known as Greek blues.
Characterized by the sounds of the bouzouki and baglamas, the Greek rembetika are simple songs that express the daily concerns of ordinary people experiencing difficult and often unconventional situations. Most are about such things as love; heartbreak; the struggles involved in living and working in foreign lands; poverty; hashish; etc…
With this eBook you will learn more about rembetiko music through listening to a couple of rembetika songs as well as through listening and vocabulary exercises.
The eBook is written in English and Greek, and all songs are translated into English. You will also learn some Greek vocabulary while listening to the songs and the included exercises.
By listening to Greek music, you not only improve your Greek, you also get more insight in the Greek culture, mentality, society and history.
The eBook includes:
- a short overview of how the Rembetiko music developed
- explanation about which Greek instruments are used
- information about which composers have had an important influence on Rembetiko
- 6 Songs with YouTube links, so that you can listen to the songs while reading the lyrics
- short exercises to improve your Greek (including an answer key)
- The English translations of the Lyrics
Enjoy this beautiful music!
Do you also love Greek music, and you would like to learn more Greek while listening to Greek songs?
Improve your Greek listening skills and enrich your vocabulary, while learning more about "What is Rebetika music?"
Click on the button below and order your eBook. Now on sale! (5euro)